LEAF MAN

Friday, November 5, 2010 2:20 PM Posted by Moranlovescrayons
I love the fall. REALLY love the fall. I love the weather, I love pumpkins, I love the changing of the leaves, but most of all, I really love FALL ARTWORK! We have been working really hard in the art room for the past couple of weeks. The projects have been taking longer than normal with lots of fun events like STORYBOOK DRESS-DAY and RED RIBBON WEEK sprinkled in there. But, we are getting it down, slowly but surely.
4th grade has been making Leaf Rubbings. We read "LEAF MAN" by Lois Ehlert. After reading the book, we went outside and collected some nice leaves of different shapes and sizes. ORE has an abundance of beautiful oak trees in the front of the school, go figure, so luckily we've had a lot to work with.
They create texture rubbings with the leaves using warm colored crayons and then watercolor over the top of the leaves with warm colors as well. After letting the leaves dry and cutting them out, they assembled them on a cool color background. The results are beautiful!







0 Response to "LEAF MAN"

Post a Comment