Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.
Our very first "real" project and I want to see what my new fourth graders are made of. I pulled out the "oldie-but-goodie" shoe contour project. The focus is on teaching the kids about CONTOUR LINE DRAWINGS and COMPOSITION. The first day we looked at different types of shoes and talked about how to approach drawing them. I am blessed with very small 4th grade classes, so we pulled out the dry erase boards and practiced starting with the outline of the shoe and then filling in basic details. I had them use their finger or marker (w. lid on) and trace around the outside of the shoes before they started on their white board.
After practicing on the white boards, they began to draw on their paper, but not before discussing COMPOSITION and the RULE OF THIRDS. The objective was to create an interesting piece of artwork by how the shoe(s) are laid out on the page.
These aren't finished yet, and I haven't had all of my 4th graders, but so far, I'm super impressed. I can't wait to post more pictures and show you the end results.

Post a Comment